Federal Benefits you or your Family Members may be eligible for.

The following is a list of services, programs, and benefits provided by the federal government that your KCVAO Veteran Service Representative can assist you in obtaining. 

Information can also be found at Department of Veterans Affairs website.

  • Disability Benefits
  • Dependents' and Survivors' Benefits
  • Burial Benefits
  • Health Care
  • Careers and Employment
  • Education and Training
  • Home Loans / Housing Assistance
  • Life Insurance
  • Military Distinctive License Plates
  • Filing Claims
  • Appealing Claims
  • Medals
  • Records
  • DD Form 214 (Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty)
  • Prescription Drug Coverage
  • Vocational Rehabilitation & Employment
  • Disability Compensation
  • Non-Service Connected Disability Pension
  • Death Pension  -  Burial Benefits
  • Health Care Benefits
  • CHAMPVA and CHAMPVA for Life
  • TRICARE and TRICARE for Life
  • Vocational Rehabilitation
National Parks Service Park Passes.

Interested in visiting National Parks around the country?  The National Parks Service offers current Service Members, Veterans, Retirees, and their eligible dependents with annual of lifetime passes.  Please see https://www.nps.gov/planyourvisit/passes.htm for more information

Military Annual Pass

Cost: Free
Available for:
- Current U.S. Military members and their dependents in the Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, Coast Guard, and Space Force, as well as Reserve and National Guard members.

Military Lifetime Pass

Cost: Free
Available for:
-Gold Star Families with a valid Gold Star Family Voucher
-US Military Veterans with a valid, Veteran ID